Personal Support Worker Certificate In Brampton – Program Description
Personal support worker certificate in Brampton. The Personal Support Worker program at Clarkridge Career Institute is taught by industry experts who have considerable experience in the health care industry and are passionate about disseminating the knowledge to the students who are desirous about establishing their career in the health care industry.
The Personal Support Worker Certificate apart from working as a freelancer can also work in partnership with other medical management members and patient's families to attain all-time positive well-being and outcomes.
The Personal Support Worker Certificate in brampton is specially designed keeping in mind the changes and trends taking place in the health care industry so that the program is always in consonance with the shifting requirements and needs. The program not only allows students to establish their career in the health care industry but also tries to bring about a comprehensive change in society, by making students more empathetic toward the individuals.
- This Personal Support Worker program reflects the latest practices and policies in the field.
- Instructors will supervise the students in clinical practice to learn, grow and practice their newly acquired skills.
- Faculty members are experienced, friendly, and supportive.
- PSW programs train students to, assist patients in activities of daily life and home management services.
- Students learn how to provide services to clients with physical, cognitive, emotional, and behavioral challenges.
- At Clarkridge, you will be trained to provide support services, assistance in mobility(lifting and transferring clients) with
- Clinical internship facilitates students with real insight into the future career to pursue employment opportunities in hospitals, nursing homes, rehabilitative centers, and retirement care home.
Personal Support Worker Certificate In Brampton, Personal Support Worker Certificate, Personal Support Worker Certificate In Toronto.
The Personal Support Worker is a Flagship program at the Clarkridge Career Institute. The PSW program helps the students to equip one self for a career in the health care industry. It helps the students to understand the basics and nuances of compassionate caring while assisting the individuals requiring health care needs and assistance.
The Course consists of 14 modules. These modules are covered in the classroom and in the practicum.
- PSW Foundations
- Patient Safety & Mobility
- Body Systems
- Assisting with Personal Hygiene
- Abuse and Neglect
- Household Management, Nutrition, and Hydration
- Care Planning, Restorative Care, Documentation, Working in the Community
- Assisting the Family, Growth, and Development
- Assisting the Dying Person
- Assisting with Medications
- Cognitive and Mental Health Issues and Brain Injuries
- Health Conditions
- Clinical Placement (Community)
- Clinical Placement (Facility)
Graduates can find employment in long-term care facilities, retirement residences, hospitals, hospices, in-home care, and health care service organizations. Personal Support Workers provide services to clients with physical, cognitive, emotional and behavioral challenges. Relevant positions include::
- Personal Support Worker
- Patient Services Associate
- Patient Assistant Liaison
- Continuing Care Assistant
- Health Care Aide
- Hospital Attendant
- Long Term Care Aide
- Psychiatric Aide
- Grade 12 (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) or equivalent or mature student status
- If mature student, need to take Scholastic Level Exam (attain minimum passing score of 11)*
- All students must pass the NACC Technical Literacy exam prior to admission into the program*
- Medical certificate (includes TB test, immunization status especially Hepatitis B vaccination is strongly recommended)
- Police Reference Check including Vulnerable Sector check
- Standard First Aid & CPR Level C Certification (provided by the Institute)
- *These tests are conducted by the Institute prior the admission.
Call us at ( 416-635-7190) to know about the tuition fee for the Personal Support Worker(Part-Time).