This one- day workshop is intended for health care providers such as Nurses, and Personal Support Workers to acquire additional knowledge and skills in caring for clients with various types of dementia in different settings.
At the end of the course, the students will be able to:
- Discuss changes that occur with aging.
- Discuss the types and different causes of dementia, delirium, disorientation and depression.
- Distinguish the clinical signs and symptoms of dementia, delirium, disorientation and depression.
- Formulate nursing interventions for clients exhibiting signs and symptoms of dementia in various stages.
- Apply various communications skills in caring for clients exhibiting various behavioral symptoms of dementia.
- Overview of Healthy Aging and Dementia.
- Differentiation between dementia, delirium, disorientation and depression.
- Enhancing communication and interpersonal skills.
- Treatment Options in Dementia.
- End Stage Dementia and Palliative care.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings