Certificate in Personal Support Worker (PSW)
- Grade 12 or equivalent or mature student status
- Passing score at the entrance examination if not possessing Grade 12 diploma
- Criminal record check (Vulnerable Sector)
- Medical certificate indicating student is fit to complete the clinical practicum component, free of communicable diseases, and up to date with immunization status including Hepatitis B
- Standard First Aid Certificate and Basic Rescuer CPR Certificate
The PSW program is 700 hours, including 390 hours of theory and laboratory practice, 110 hours of community clinical placement and 200 hours of facility placement.
Clarkridge Career Institute Certificate, National Association of Career Colleges (NACC) Certificate, Standard First Aid and CPR Level C HCP Certificate.
Graduates may seek employment opportunities in the community, long term care facilities, home health agencies, retirement home, hospitals, group homes, adult and child day care and centers for cognitively and physically impaired individuals.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings